Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Birthday Celebration 2020: Omoomodon + The Coffee Academics + Cake Spade

Wednesday 22/7/20

Finally met up with Linda, we have been wanting to schedule a meet up since the start of July but I was just too busy with a major event. Hence, the meetup was delayed till now. As Linda was working from her workplace that day, I decided to choose a venue that is convenient for her and I fixed the venue at The Star Vista.

Since The Star Vista is the mall she is familiar with, I let her make the call for choosing the dining place. The first stop we went was Omoomodon and we settled for this.

Omoomodon is a halal eatery that serves Korean Japanese cuisine. One of the draw factors of the eatery is the affordable pricing of their food. Ordering of food was contactless as the order was placed on machine. We opt for alfresco dining.

Linda had Spicy Chicken Teppan ($6.50).

So happy to see her again, this was our first meetup of the year. I always enjoyed our talk, ranting about our work, stress and issues that we are facing everyday because we shared similar encounters. It made us feel lighter and relieving some stress just by saying it out. Though we are overwhelmed with piles of work, we are still hanging on because we know that what we do will contribute to a greater cause.

I had Teriyaki Chicken & Karaage Teppan ($6.90). The Teriyaki Chicken & Karaage were drizzled with sauce with sweet corns added as side. It was simple but delicious. Food always taste better when eating with friends.

After the dinner, we went to look for drinks and settled for Liho Tea. I had Jasmine Tea with pearl ($2.80) on the right. 

Due to the social distancing rule, we were unable to find any seat at outdoor so we just stand and chill while sipping our drinks. Thanks Linda for the dinner and drink treats. Though we don't meet up that often, I know you will always be there for me.

Friday 24/7/20

Yes, it's Friday. Today was the first time out of the 3 months that I ended work at 6 plus, that's not because I finished my work but because I was heading out to meet the girls for dinner. Time to catch a relief before clearing the work on weekend. We met up for dinner at The Coffee Academics @ Raffles City, a cosy cafe tucked in the basement level recommended by Tracy.

We ordered small bites to share before the main course arrived, Curly Fries with Dip Trio ($16++). The curly fries were served with 3 dip sauces - honey mustard, house-smoked ketchup and curry mayonnaise. Needless to say, curry sauce is always our favourite.

All-day Breakfast
We were drawn to their all-day breakfast selection and we chose 2 dishes. The first was Smoked Salmon & Hash ($24.50++). The homemade potato hash patty was served alongside with smoked salmon, baby spinach leaves, poached egg and other greens.

The Academics Breakfast ($28++) was the all-time favourite for breakfast selection. The presentation looked sumptuous from the maple bacon to homemade baked beans, sauteed mushroom, halloumi cheese, scrambled egg, brioche toast and seasonal green.

This was really delicious, my dream breakfast. However, the price is a little on the steep side.

For pasta selection, we tried Salted Egg Bacon Carbonara ($23.50++). The linguine pasta was tossed with bacon and doused in creamy salted egg sauce which enhanced the taste of the overall dish.

The last main course was Truffle Portobello Mushroom Pizza ($26++). The thin crust pizza was toppled with portobello mushroom, onion, mozzarella cheese and drizzled with truffle oil. This was another well loved dish by us because we loved the thin crust pizza which was crunchy like biscuit.

The gathering turned out to be a birthday celebration for me, so sweet of them to plan this celebration for me as I hit a new birthday milestone and join the club. Gonna start clocking a new milestone ahead.

Thanks GF for the photo, with the lovely girls - Meryl, Tracy, GF and Jas.

As the years passed by, one will find that the circle of friends are getting smaller and smaller. I so happy that I have the girls with me throughout these 6 to 9 years, we gave each other support physically and mentally, witnessed each other growing up journey and entering different phases of life. My heart feel so full with this celebrated where we spent time catching up and enjoyed the hearty full in a relaxing atmosphere.

Thanks girls for the dinner treat and the birthday gifts, you girls made my day.

Tuesday 28/7/20

I received a sweet surprise treat from G.

She got the 3 of us Strawberry and Peach Tofu Cheesecake from Cake Spade. I ate the strawberry cheesecake, it was super delicious especially the biscuit crust which was crunchy while the tofu was soft and literally melt in the mouth. I'm gonna save the peach tofu cheesecake for my birthday.

Wednesday 29/7/20

Met up with MI for lunch today.

Since it was raining and we don't want to go somewhere fast, we settled for Pizza Hut. We had BBQ Chicken Pizza and Cheese Fries. Thanks MI for the lunch treat and had a great afternoon chatting.

Before I end the post, happy birthday to myself. 
This year has been a of roller roaster ride, may peaceful and good days come to me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment